1 cup of ground biscuits (preferably gingery biscuits)
1/2 cup of roasted finely cut (chopped) walnuts
50 gram of butter (melted)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
230 gr of cream-cheese
3/4 cup of brown sugar
Cinnamon on the edge of the spoon, nutmeg, cardamom (ratio 4:2:1)
1.3 kg of hard apples (peeled and cut into semi-circles)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoons of apple jelly/confiture
Directions to cook
- Prepare the base: Heat the oven up to 190 0C. Mix biscuits with other ingredients well. Oil slightly the tart baking case of 22 cm in diameter (e.g. margarine). Press the biscuit mixture on the bottom and along the edges.
- Prepare the filling: Beat up cheese with a mixer, add sugar, an egg and spices. Having beaten up well, place on the biscuit base and spread equally with a spatula.
- Place the baking case in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Then cool well to room temperature and place into the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Prepare topping: Mix the apples and sugar in a bowl. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the pan and fry the apples for approximately 16-18 minutes. Stir often. Remove the pan from the flame and cool the apples completely.
- Take the cheesecake from the refrigerator and spread apples on top according to the chosen design.
- Put apple jelly with 1 tablespoon of water into the microwave oven. Let it melt under the high temperature for about 20 seconds. (Instead of a microwave oven, a small saucepan can be used to melt the jelly on the flame). Apply half of jelly with a brush onto the apples.
- Heat the oven by turning on the top heater. Put the cake on the top shelf (12-14 cm from the top heater). Bake for about 2-3 minutes untill the apples begin to turn brown. Take out the cake, apply the remaining jelly and put it into the refrigerator for 1 hour. After an hour, you can enjoy the taste!